free counters

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Meet the Team

This is Gene, he is 80 something years old although he thinks that he is 30. He likes having fun, drinking beer but more importantly has been restoring Fords for the last 60 years. The reason that I am buying this car is because he says that if he did not already have a Galaxie he would buy this one.

In addition Gene has a mechanic. In true Appalacian fashion the mechanic only works when he needs the money but when he works he works at three times the speed of anyone else. As far as I can see paying $8 per hour in cash to someone who works like this means that I am actually paying $2.68 per hour. So I get to do the fun stuff, like dissmantling a big block FE and converting it from 395 to 427 and I can farm out the stuff that I can't do myself.


With a team like this what can possibly go wrong?

No comments: