free counters

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The tires are on!

Well, due to the fact that Saturday was colder that a whore's heart, it was kind of a short day. However in terms of instant gratification it was a good day as we got the tires mounted on the rims. There is no way that I can make this sound interesting but let me tell you we struggled to get those damned beads seated in the rims in order to get the air to complete the seal. Still all's well that ends and Kimberley and I got the job done; now those 15" Lincoln wheels with chrome Ford caps look very sharp. In addition I saw in my local tire store that they charge $14.50 for mounting tires and $8.50 for balancing. (Times 5 equals $115 saved, woohoo).


As we were clearly on a roll we spotted that Gene's 51 Crown Vic had a flat, so we popped it off, found the leaking bead, sanded the rim and sealed it all up. Not bad considering that it felt like minus 200 degrees.



The longer this goes on the more I realize that I should own a junk yard/body shop/tire service. Cash only and the IRS can kiss my big fat botty all over.

No comments: