free counters

Monday, February 11, 2008

The 1953 F100

OK so this has nothing to do with the Galaxie but nothing much has happened on the Galaxie as it has been too damned cold. If you have ever used wet and dry in 30 something degrees you will appreciate how arthritic my knuckles were feeling.

So here is my latest project. A 1953 F100 truck. My first thoughts were to restore it and keep it but wiser council prevailed and I need to finish the Galaxie before I build another keeper.


Since these pictures were taken I have sandblasted most of the truck and already it is looking a hundred times better. Another few days and it will be ready for sale although I think we may have already found a well qualified and motivated buyer.

Interestingly enough when I was pushing it with the tractor I discovered that the engine turns. So maybe, just for fun, I might tickle the plugs and points and see if I can make it a runner. That should add another $500 to the value.

Also, I have been offered a FE428 engine. Now I think that it would be wasted in this F100 but I have a plain Jane 1967 Ranger with no engine. To restore that and then drop in a monster engine would be the ultimate. Can you imagine sitting at the lights in a very basic truck next to a boy racer in a pocket rocket and then blowing his doors off?
I love this shit.

No comments: