free counters

Monday, March 3, 2008

The Smoker

Now I am getting seriously guilty about the lack of work being done on the Galaxie. Not only have I not worked on it forever, I didn't even work on the trucks. As soon as the clocks go forward I am absolutely going to concentrate entirely on the Galaxie.

In the meantime I have always wanted to build a real bar-b-que and this weekend I made a huge start on that. This is the plan which is based on two 50 gallon drums and a kit originally designed for a shop wood stove. Anyhow I spent most of Saturday with cutting torches and angle grinders and ended up with my hands cut to ribbons.



I also decided to mount it on a small trailer. I have this idea of a "Have bar-b-que will party" business. Well we will see. I also got me a little trailer, with any luck this should be my passport to a few parties.I am thinking that you keep feeding me beer and I keep cooking. Hopefully I can get this trivia out of the way and start back on the Galaxie real soon.

No comments: