free counters

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Slow going

As predicted, not much happened on Saturday due to the miserable freezing rain. The sad thing is that I am now addicted to messing with the Galaxie and without my fix I turn into a miserable old curmudgeon. On the happiness front my new water pump arrived and behold the pump in all its glory



I showed it, and the new valve covers to Gene and I could see that he was impressed as he started to ask about the cost and the shipping. I would not mind betting that this time next year there will be two Galaxies in chrome.
The only other thing to report is that I sprayed a small part of the clean block with the AutoZone gloss black and when it dried it looked real slick. This engine is going to look better than new when finished but it is so frustrating that the weather is slowing progress to slightly faster than bugger all.

Bring on the spring.

No comments: