free counters

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Another giant leap.

After waiting about 6 months the spot light guy turned up out of the blue and installed the spotlight. The guys that know say that a Galaxie is dressed up when it has a spotlight and bumper guards, now I am halfway there. Actually I should just mention that as a result of some dealing I now have a complete set of bumper guards and they will be installed once I have finished the interior.





Now talking about the interior I have made some huge progress. The carpet is in (although not trimmed out). The back is complete and the front seat is in. Finally I can drive it without falling over backwards. I still have another days work to complete the interior but I was pretty happy with the progress I made. I still have to trim the carpet (I don't quite understand why having spent all that money the carpet was not made to measure but whatever). The rear courtesy lenses need fitting as does the sill plates. I have no idea how I will find the screw holes for the accelerator pedal which are hidden by the carpet and I will have to cut a huge hole in the carpet for the headlamp dimmer switch. Next week I am going to murder some clay pigeons but I will try to do some more work during the week. In the meantime enjoy the pictures.







No comments: