free counters

Sunday, May 3, 2009

On the road.

As you can see I had a successful trip to the DMV on Friday and got my 1963 tags assigned to the Galaxie. There were a few jobs to do on Saturday but the main task was to wash off about an inch of pollen.

The only outstanding real job is to get the exhaust system fitted and the rest is just fine tuning.

The timing and carburation probably need a tweak but I suspect that having the exhaust fitted
will change the set up so that can wait.

So with some sense of trepidation I gave her a shake down run around the back lanes of Henry. I had to get gas and I knew that there was a roadside store that sold premium.

As I was gassing up a local wandered over and said "Got yourself a real slick ride there man".

That made the last two years all worth while.


No comments: