free counters

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fun in the Sun

Bloody hell, I forgot to take the camera again. Quelle tragadaire (as we say in German) for yesterday we took some huge leaps forward. We put a welded bead down the driver’s door post, for strength, and Gene started to Bondo up the panel. I vacuumed out the trunk and the car and removed 100 lbs of sand, I also cleared out 17 Falls worth of leaves and twigs. The big old rust holes in the rear wheel arches and under the rear seat are sealed with plates and weld. (I now have body shop hands, covered in tiny nicks from the jagged edges of the tin and I can’t unclench my fingers after hours using the tin snips). I also closed up the gaping holes in the trunk and the next step will be to Bondo, prime, paint and then seal with tar, damn this car is going to be solid.

In true Appalachian manner Marco failed to show. Apparently he had a good week and earned enough beer and nicotine money so he didn’t need my largesse or me. I suspect that he realized that he had an appointment with the chassis and the sandblaster again and that may have been the reason that he simply drove up and down the road all day on his decrepit ATV. He drinks about a gallon of soda a day so I bought a couple of cases of Walmart’s finest (cheapest) first thing and put them in the shop fridge. Haha your loss Marco.

We also reached a big miles stone today inasmuch as we are starting to put things back. The gas tank is ready to go back in, having been primed and sprayed. I just need to get a new fuel gauge sender, which I ordered today. With the tank in I can then disconnect the bleach bottle by the radiator, which is currently my 2-quart tank.

I will get some pictures of my patches and post them during the week so that you can fall prostrate in front of my bodyshop manliness.
Money spent; $8 on sodas (git) $76.99 Gas tank sender.

No comments: