free counters

Monday, October 8, 2007

Paint paint and paint

Well we have good news, bad news and bad news. The good news is that I got a break from block sanding, and let me tell you that is good news. The bad news is that the invisible man failed to show once again. I tell you people, what ever happened to work ethic? Actually I don't care as there is nothing I need him for at the moment other that to do the jobs that are too grubby for my little pink ass. Which brings me to the second bad news, I had to get underneath and spray, and spray and spray. Still on the bright side there is nothing like doing it yourself to ensure that the quality control is performed properly. Now all the patches have been sealed and the underside primed, tarred up and painted black, as has the trunk floor.

The gas tank is back in and it is a nice feeling to be putting things back in as opposed to be pulling parts out.

Sadly time ran out as I was hoping to replace the rear shocks and get the fuel lines connect so I could get her back on her feet and turned around. After that the engine comes out and the inside and engine bay gets sandblasted and painted up.
For a while I had a fantasy of finding a 427 engine for the Galaxie. Then I discovered that it returns just 4 mpg! Of course you can burn rubber in any gear but it is a hell of a price to pay.

No comments: