free counters

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Excitement !!

I did something exciting today. I drilled out the rear wheel arch and screwed in the locating pins for the fender skirts. That's it. After what seems like weeks of sanding, drilling and pining was like a breath of fresh air. Now the Galaxie sports a very handsome pair of skirts and when you see a Galaxie in skirts you can't imagine why anyone would drive one with naked wheel arches. Of course to mark such an important step I forgot the camera, Merde! OK photos to follow.

In fact the sanding is going well (even though I now have a repetitive stress injury). The rear quarters are very nearly there and the nasty behind the driver's door is down to the final coats. In order to break the monotony I have been grinding down the stone chips in the paint and filling those up.

The only thing that keeps me going is the certain knowledge that this is going to be the finest Galaxie in four counties.

No comments: