free counters

Monday, November 19, 2007

Onwards !

I really think that we are getting close to the end of the nauseous block sanding. The rear quarters are looking very smooth and although I will be glad to see the back of the block sander I absolutely realize the importance of the preparation. There is no way that I will ever stand next to this finished product, look at a bad spot and wish that I had tried harder. So here I am having given the quarter what for, spraying a guide coat of primer on. With the primer glistening in the sun you could see just a small area that needed more attention, but how nice to find it now rather than after the top coat is applied





This shot is after the primer dried and is really just to show the fender skirt that I forgot to photograph last week. You have to admit that the skirt just makes the car, doesn't it?






There really isn't a great deal to log about last Saturday because once again it was all about the
sanding. Here is a shot of the Kim (as in kimscar.blogspot) discovering the dignity of honest labor. It took her all of 15 minutes to realize that it is impossible to exaggerate the tedium of sanding, and retire to toast her ass on the shop fire with Gene.

1 comment:

Chris said...

The fender skirt looks great. Good job.